About Marco's Pizza
Headquartered in Toledo,OH, Marco’s Pizza® (Marco’s Franchising, LLC) is the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. (based on the number of stores signed into development since 2007). Marco's was founded by native Italian, Pasquale "Pat" Giammarco, and is committed to making Ah!thentic® Italian pizza with fresh ingredients. The company has grown from its roots as a beloved Ohio brand to operate more than 700 stores in over 30 states, the Bahamas, India and Puerto Rico. Marco's is a ranked as a top opportunity for franchising in several publications, but also loved by customers and in 2015 Marco's was voted number 3 by Consumer Reports, and is fast becoming recognized as one of the top-performing restaurant franchises in the country in addition to have the best, Ah!thentic Italian pizza.
Marco’s Pizza founder Pasquale “Pat” Giammarco moved to the U.S. from Italy when he was nine years old and grew up working in his family’s pizzeria. He later embarked on a mission to make high quality pizza on a larger scale using a secret sauce recipe that he developed and refined with his father.
Giammarco established three standards in order to deliver the consistent levels of quality and freshness expected of Marco’s products: dough made fresh daily in each store; a proprietary sauce recipe that blends imported spices and three types of vine-ripened tomatoes; and an exclusive blend of three fresh cheeses (never frozen, unlike many pizza chains).
The first Marco's Pizza store opened in Toledo in 1978. Gradually, stores opened throughout the Midwest and beyond. The Marco’s Pizza menu broadened as well, to include hot sub sandwiches, salads and Cheezybread for carryout and delivery. Today, there are more than 700 Marco’s Pizza stores in over 30 states and four countries.
Facts and Figures
Dubbed the "undisputed Kings of new store development" by Entrepreneur Magazine, in 2016 Marco's Pizza added 120 new stores for a total now of over 700 stores in more than 30 states, doubling in size in five years and on the fast track to 1000 stores.
- Marco's Pizza employs about 20,000 people in: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Marco's also operates in the Bahamas, India and Puerto Rico.
- Jack Butorac, Chairman & CEO
- Bryon Stephens, President
- Buddy Solomon, Chief Financial Officer
- Don Vlcek, Vice President of Purchasing
- Cathy Hull, Chief Marketing Officer
- Tony Libardi, Chief Operating Officer
- Todd Watson, Chief Legal Counsel and Vice President
New Franchise Contact
For franchise information visit marcosfranchising.com